An 360 explorer is designed to navigate the audio 360 resources with 5.1 audio system. The user can control the viewing direction where the audio field will change following it.
ButterLabo was delighted to be invited as an exhibitor in Y-Care CSR Scheme Awards Ceremony organised by Chinese YMCA of Hong Kong in 2017.
Themed “Innovative Social Services”, we demonstrated the interactive “Happy Lion Dance” game to help improve elderly people’s balance and flexibility. The game requires the elderly to perform different steps and limb movements that are typical acts in a traditional lion dance. Apart from getting the elderly to exercise more, the game introduces the silver-haired group (and other age groups) to authentic lion dancing, and the fun brought by the AR technology.
Butter Archery, a STEM game development
Butter Labo now offers different packages of Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality (VR)/ Motion tracking applications, combining creativity, technology and engineering, for students to have a taste of the process of game production and a chance to express their imagination.
This package includes a game (Main Dish), the corresponding hardware (Desserts) and editing tools/ software (Drinks), supplemented by tutorial workshops.
What is so valuable about this STEM package is that it allows students to design the game play and coordinate the hardware and software to achieve their preferred outcomes. This gives them the freedom of making a game of their own, and the excitement of experiencing AR and VR technologies.
An application, called the Lion Man, aims to provide players with an experience of performing the Lion Dance movements, as well as understanding the culture of Lion Dance.
Through the game, the player will learn the basic steps and gestures of the Lion Dance. Combining the technology of Augmented Reality, the game projects the user in a lion dance costume, which allows a virtual lion to exist in the real world without users carrying the heavy lion costumes. Big icons will be displayed on the side of the screen to tell the player what gestures to perform so as to score. Those are authentic lion dance movements developed by a professional kung fu master, so the user can have a taste of real lion dancing.
A game involving body movements sure provides an immersive and interactive experience to players. While players can have fun experiencing virtual lion dancing, the application is also good to their health as they get to exercise and move their limbs a lot.
- We create VR environments using Google Cardboard and Unity 3D.
- Suitable for marketing events, showrooms, museums, etc.
- Includes 10 different learning games suitable for 2-6 years old children.
- Levels are carefully designed to suit children’s different cognitive milestones.
- Cute characters and colourful pictures attract children to play.
- Develops children’s ability in recognising numbers and shapes, storytelling, fine motor skills, etc.
- Records every child’s playing performance for analysis.
Butter Pond is a virtual fish pond placeable at home! In fact you can place it in any indoor space no matter how small and limited the space is, so now you can play with water and catch fish indoors anytime anywhere you want. It is one of the games in a series created for students with special educational needs. The fully immersive fish pond will engage both students with and without special educational needs in the same learning environment, for them to enjoy fish catching with their peers.
- 4 players max. To collect fish from the pond
- Each player will be given a tool to catch fish
- At certain time players will be required to move and gather at a specific point, for example, the bridge
- Moving to a wrong position will scare the fish
- Team with more fish wins
- 4 projectors from 4 corners in order to minimise image blind spots
- A kinect camera placed above the playground to detect the positions of players and the collection tools